Long Island Child Custody Lawyer
Long Island Child Custody Attorney Firm Profile Attorney Profiles Frequently Asked Questions Testimonials Contact Us

Long Island Child Support Attorney

Modification of Child Support in Long Island, NY

The modification of child support is possible, should the circumstances warrant it. To actually establish the necessity of changing the court decree regarding child support, the change in circumstances must be major enough that they will directly affect child support and the change in child support should be major enough to warrant taking the time and spending the money to seek child support modification.

A lawyer from Friedman & Friedman PLLC, Attorneys at Law can review your particular circumstances to see if you should apply for a modification of child support. If your ex-spouse is requesting a modification of support, we can represent you in contesting the change. You may be unsure if the change in your financial situation or your job arrangement is big enough to warrant a chance in child support. By discussing this with an experienced lawyer, you can determine what your next course of action should be and then can actually pursue a modification of child support to match your changing situation.

There are a number of factors which may warrant a modification of child support, but this will actually vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, as well as the specific circumstances of your unique case. Some examples of potential factors include:

  • Being laid off from one’s job
  • Having a health crisis
  • Involuntary decrease in pay or hours on the job
  • A child who becomes emancipated
  • The child’s financial needs change dramatically

Child Support Modification Lawyer in Long Island, New York

Contact Friedman & Friedman PLLC, Attorneys at Law and find out what we can to do help you request or contest a modification of child support. You need a lawyer to represent your position in court in order to influence the outcome and make the law work in your favor. You deserve to have your rights asserted and to seek the best result for both you and for your child.

If you are interested in requesting a modification of child support or need to contest a modification, contact ustoday!

Custody Law
Child Custody
Child Support
Enforcement of Child Support
Fathers' Rights
Grandparents' Rights
Modification of Child Custody
Modification of Child Support
Modification of Visitation
Same Sex Couples
Tell Us About Your Case:
Video Information Center
Learn More Information

Main Office Address:
666 Old Country Road, Suite 704
Garden City, New York 11530
Map/Directions >

Attorney Web Design The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.